An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a dynamic forward-thinking individual who possesses a combination of first class serviced apartment/hotel experience and a genuine passion for hospitality at its finest to join Dream Apartments, an award winning privately owned Serviced Apartment Company based in the heart of Newcastle City Centre offering two excellent city centre locations.
You might currently be a strong Deputy Serviced Apartment/Hotel Manager/Sales Manager/Revenue Manager ready for your first full Hotel Management role or you may already be working as a General Manager who is seeking a fresh challenge and perhaps greater autonomy. This is a senior role which will involve taking the reins on all the day to day hotel operations including rooms, rate management. In addition, you will enjoy being an Ambassador for the hotel bringing and sharing creative and innovative ideas that will further enhance and grow the business.
With an eye for detail, excellent listening and people management skills one of your key tasks will be to lead a well-established enthusiastic team to ensure that we continue to deliver an excellent personal experience to each of our guests and customers. This is very much a “hands on” role where your experience gained within reception management, social media and people management will stand you in good stead to develop the business further.
This is a Sales driven role, and as General Manager you will be fully accountable for meeting sales and revenue monthly targets.
At Dream Apartments, we value your attitude and character as much as your experience. We respect the contribution made by every employee and always try to recognise those who go ‘above and beyond’.
In the role General Manager, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of the apartments and its staff. You’ll also be commercially accountable for budgeting and financial management and will need to plan, organise and direct all apartment services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, and reservations) and housekeeping.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Deputy experience, Hotel Manager or a similar role within serviced apartments or hotels; 4 or 5 star
- You will be pro-active and good at problem solving whilst delivering consistent standards
- Very strong operator who is very hands on
- Be able to deliver ‘5-star’ service at all times
- Motivate, inspire, coach and support the team to improve and develop to their full potential.
- Have good commercial knowledge and solid experience of all serviced apartment/hotel operations.
- Be confident managing a team of Head of Departments to deliver consistency across the properties, providing support, feedback and development.
- promote and market the business
- manage budgets and financial plans and control expenditure
- maintain statistical and financial records
- set and achieve sales and profit targets
- analyse sales figures and devise market and revenue management strategies
- recruit, train and monitor staff
- plan work schedules for individuals and teams
- meet and greet customers
- deal with customer complaints and comments
- address problems and troubleshoot accordingly
- ensure events and conferences run smoothly
- supervise maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings
- deal with contractors and suppliers
- ensure security is effective
- carry out inspections of property and services
- ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
If you are ready to embrace this excellent opportunity then in the first instance please forward your CV together with your contact telephone number, current salary and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org