Belfast Titanic Maritime Festival returns once again with a bumper-packed weekend full of maritime-themed family fun, food and frolics.
Magnificent ships and naval vessels
Climb aboard some magnificent visiting tall ships and naval vessels, which will be docked in Belfast for the festival weekend. Meet the captain and crew and learn a bit more about life at sea.
Spectacular live entertainment
There will be an array of entertainment across all sites . There’ll be live music from the Queen’s Quay music marquee each day, a live radio roadshow will be broadcasting from the event site with lots of exciting competitions and giveaways.
Keep an eye out for our Dancing Grannies, the Afrikan Warriors, Jitterbug Jackson and the The Giant Balloon Show who are all set to perform. Jack Sparrow also plans to drop by over the weekend, alongside our funky pirate trio, sea shanty sailors and the famous ‘Pirates Got Talent’ Circus show. These ‘crazy carry-ons’ are not to be missed.
Quayside family fun
There will be plenty of free activities with something for everyone to enjoy, including:
- maritime themed arts and crafts
- Vespa NI Information stand and Vespa display
- educational fun with Ulster Wildlife Trust
- Relax Kids Belfast – fun mini workshops which promote good mental health and wellbeing in children
- mini explorer sensory play activities
- fairground rides (£)
- Footie 4 Fun activity zone
- water-based ‘try it’ sessions
- Armed Forces Jobs and Trades Fair
- exhilarating ever-popular flyboard jet ski displays
- free pirate classes; and
- a host of other quayside activities for the whole family to revel in.
The festival will cater for all tastes, with a range of local and international food. Enjoy a leisurely picnic on the grass or a drink in the Quayside Bar, which will open from 11.30am – 6pm each day.
‘The Wee Tram’
Titanic Quarter is easy to get around using the free ‘Wee Tram’, which will connect the Arc and HMS Caroline throughout the festival.
Read more about the festival through: http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/events/Event-87241.aspx?E_EventGroup=Maritime